Parks & Recreation Foundation of Victoria
Our Impact Why We Exist
The Parks and Recreation Foundation of Victoria was established in October 1993 with the purpose to enchance the parks system, community leisure services and recreation services within, but not restricted to, the City of Victoria. In 2009, public art and education were added to the purpose. In 2011/2012 the Foundation expanded its mandate to include support of horticultural garden projects across the whole Capital Region.
There is pressure from all directions to reduce the tax burden on our communities. As funding is reduced, our parks and recreation facilities could suffer, even though our need and use of them is increasing.
Our Story What We Do
- To enhance the parks system, community leisure services, recreation services, public art and education in, but not restricted to, the City of Victoria;
- To receive and actively solicit donations and bequests of money, gifts in kind and services for endowment funds and projects approved by the Foundation;
- To administer donations and bequests, and to invest and expend funds for the purposes of the Foundation;
- To publicly recognize donations and bequests, with the consent of the donor; and
- To consider other undertakings which may be referred to the Foundation by the City of Victoria or other not-for-profit bodies.
What You Can Do
Donations make our parks and recreation services flourish. We can each live life to its fullest in this wonderful community, and leave a rich legacy for future generations. Please consider making a donation, however small. All donations are tax deductible.
Your donation will be earmarked for the project you choose in Greater Victoria (including Saanich, Oak Bay, Esquimalt, West Shore, Sooke and more) — and by working together we can meet even the largest of our goals.
Funds are held in trust until sufficient money is available to complete a particular feature. We will keep you informed and invite you to come out and celebrate with us on the completion of “your” project.
These suggested items are a fitting way to remember a loved one, or to make a special gift to your family, friends and colleagues. Commemorate your special occasion in a lasting way with a donation to the Parks and Recreation Foundation of Victoria.
Donation are easy, quick and secure through our CanadaHelps page. Click on the Donate button to learn more about how you can help.