Oaklands Community Association
Our Impact Why We Exist
Oaklands Community Association's mission is to support, promote and provide quality programs and projects and to facilitate community interaction which will contribute to the safety, health and physical improvement of the Oaklands neighbourhood.
We are proud to serve Oaklands, which encompasses the area between Cook Street, Haultain Street, Shelbourne Street and North Dairy Road.
Oaklands Community Centre deeply values connectedness and takes a holistic approach towards being an intricate part of a healthy and sustainable community. The centre is always listening to hear the wants and needs of the neighbourhood with the goal of bringing those desires from all ages into Oaklands’ backyard.
Our Story What We Do
Our goals at Oaklands Community Centre are to:
- Offer a wide range of opportunities for all to stay healthy and fit – there’s something for everyone!
- Provide a variety of gathering spaces to bring family and friends together. Plus fun opportunities to make new friends!
- Be part of the long term solution in solving Victoria’s need for quality childcare,
- Engage Victoria’s youth by valuing and implementing their fresh ideas towards sustainable community,
- Bring the City of Victoria to the neighbourhood level. On a regular basis people can speak with their councillor liaison, learn and understand land use issues and be part of the partnership to ensure public green spaces flourish.
Our Programs How We Do It
Between both facility locations, we offer a wide arrangement of recreation programs, high quality daycare and out of school programs and camps, youth drop-in programs, seniors cards and gatherings, health, wellness and learning seminars for everyone - from newborn to 99!
Throughout the year we host a number of special events for all of Victoria, including:
- Easter Eggstraveganza
- Summer Sunset Market Series
- Summer Fair Celebration
- Back to School BBQ
- Breakfast with Santa
- Seniors Holiday Dinner
- Haunted Bus Tours at Halloween
- West Coast Winter Market
- and many more…