Mary Winspear Centre
Our Impact Why We Exist
The Mary Winspear Centre (MWC) is operated by the Sidney and North Saanich Memorial Park Society (MPS). The mandate is: to ensure that the MPS Trust Lands and Facilities stand as a memorial to those who served Canada in war and peace, and are used effectively and efficiently, in perpetuity, for the lasting benefit of residents for community, cultural, athletic and recreational purposes.
Our Story What We Do
The Mary Winspear Centre is one of the largest arts and culture organizations in the Capital Regional District, as stated in the 2010 Greater Victoria Arts and Culture Sector Economic Activity Study. As one of the largest arts and culture organizations, we recognize that efficient use of the Centre has a multiplying effect within our community.
The Mary Winspear Centre:
- has, in any given year, up to 30,000 people attend events, activities and performing arts in the Charlie White Theatre
- offers visual and performing programs to thousands of individuals and youth in the Capital Regional District
- provides a special place to connect our community
- is an avenue for self-expression
- creates memories and fosters success
Our Programs How We Do It
The Mary Winspear Centre art and cultural programs focus specifically on visual and performing arts. Programs provide mentoring, instruction, and working facilities, for both individuals and children's groups of all ages. Housing the Myfawny Art Gallery and the Charlie White Theatre enhances opportunities for members of our community to display art in all types of media.
What You Can Do
The Mary Winspear Centre provides an environment that inspires creativity. Your involvement in the arts brings together diverse groups and ensures cultural sharing.
Financial assistance would secure:
- Performing art backdrops and set designs
- Visual art materials and exhibition props
- New technology and equipment
- Bursary funds
- Endowment funds