Lester B. Pearson College of the Pacific
Our Impact Why We Exist
Pearson College is a two-year pre-university college (grade 12 and gap year) that provides promising future leaders with a transformative education, one that gives them the tools and inspires the passion to create lasting, positive change in the world. One of 12 UWC colleges and schools worldwide, Pearson students and faculty are bound by a belief that education is a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
Our Story What We Do
Each year, Pearson College selects up to 100 students ages 16-19 from diverse countries and cultures around the world based on their promise, potential and demonstrated commitment to actively engage in creating a more peaceful and sustainable world (there are up to 100 first-year and 100 second-year students on campus at one time). It provides these emerging change-makers with an intense, rigorous and inspiring two-year experience designed to evolve them into transformative leaders possessed of the tools, commitment, courage and networks to effect lasting, positive change in the world. The College is committed to meeting 100% of financial need.
Our Programs How We Do It
As part of the UWC movement, Pearson College is committed to:
- International and intercultural understanding, building communities that are free from prejudice and intolerance irrespective of gender, socioeconomic, cultural, racial, religious and national backgrounds.
- Consciously creating a supportive environment where differences are valued and recognized for the strength they bring to communities.
- Personal responsibility and integrity
- A collaborative and mutually supportive approach, one that recognizes that dependability and respect underpin the smooth functioning of any encounter or team.
- Compassion and service at personal, local, regional, national and international levels—we want to do what we can to make the world a better place.
- Respect for the environment, where we are actively seeking solutions that will contribute to a sustainable future.
- Idealism: We believe that it is possible to make a difference and actively seek to work with others who share that belief.
- The concept of learning through doing and the value of interactions and experience.
- The importance of acting on your beliefs and taking a lead role in what you do as well as what you say.
What You Can Do
Pearson College is a registered Canadian charitable organization and can accept gifts to the Pearson College US Foundation. Charitable tax receipts are issued for all valid donations in support of the College for operating or endowment funds. We accept annual and monthly giving by cash, cheque, credit card, EFT and publicly traded securities.
If you are interested in other planned gifts such as life insurance, gifts of RRSP and RRIF Funds, and bequest gifts, our staff will be happy to help with planning gifts that will result in tax savings for your estate.;
Pearson College also seeks the support of families willing to host students in their homes for school breaks.