The Cridge Centre for the Family
Our Impact Why We Exist
For more than 140 years, The Cridge Centre for the Family has manifested the love of Jesus Christ supporting children, adults and families in maximizing their opportunities to participate and grow in the responsibilities and enjoyment of family life and loving relationships and achieving their full potential. Today, the thanks of our clients tell better than we ever could what that service means to them:
- “I’ve never seen my mom happier – you really changed our lives” writes a 12 year old girl who accompanied her mom to The Cridge Transition House for Women.
- “I’ve learned patience, tolerance and to communicate. It was a good experience and gave me a sense of belonging” reports a brain-injury survivor who participates in The Cridge Brain Injury community kitchen.
- “We love living here. It is our home and our community. We couldn’t imagine living anywhere else,” says a tenant in The Cridge Village Seniors’ Centre.
- “You reminded me that we are not alone and that people care,” writes a client of The Cridge Respitality Service.
- “I always know that I have someone on my side,” states a Cridge Young Parent Outreach client.
Our Story What We Do
The Cridge Centre for the Family has supported the families of Greater Victoria since 1873. Originally formed as the BC Protestant Orphans' Home, The Cridge Centre cherishes its long service to families in need. Today you’ll find us in a number of locations responding with love and support to the needs of individuals and families in Greater Victoria.
- You will find us comforting a woman and her children who have escaped domestic violence.
- You will see us helping a young parent learn money management and creating a richer future for herself and her children.
- You will hear us encouraging a brain injury survivor who is adjusting to post-injury life.
- You will see us in the smile of seniors who find community in our assisted living centre.
- You will recognize us in the relief of a weary parent of a special needs child who has had a night of respite.
- You will hear us in the laughter of children at our childcare centre.
For details on how we support Victorians, please visit our website.
Our Programs How We Do It
The Cridge Centre for the Family provides a wide spectrum of services for people of all ages:
- The Cridge Brain Injury Services
- The Cridge Childcare Services
- The Cridge Dovetail Program & Supportive Transitional Housing
- The Cridge Respite Resource Service
- The Cridge Respitality Service
- The Cridge Seniors' Services
- The Cridge Transition House for Women
- The Cridge Young Parent Outreach
Please click the program area name to see more details about that program on our website.
What You Can Do
Financial contributions, planned gifts, support of the Victoria Foundation's Smart and Caring Fund and Vital Victoria Fund, opportunities to volunteer in any program area – the ways in which you can support The Cridge Centre for the Family are as varied and meaningful as the lives we serve.Please visit our website giving page or the volunteer page for more information.