Clements Centre Society
Our Impact Why We Exist
Every day, we are inspired by the people we serve. In return, we aim to inspire those who have been given limits and restrictions — who have been told they can't — when we know they can! We are a place where smiles and laughter are the language we know best.
Welcome to the Clements Centre Society.
Inspiring Beyond Belief.
Our Story What We Do
We are a provincially registered not-for-profit organization and a federally registered charity. All services provided by the Society meet the rigorous international standards set by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Since our inception in 1957, we have continually expanded our facilities and services. Although the Clements Centre Society has grown, we have never compromised our initial vision. At Clements, we envision a community in which all individuals are included, accepted, and valued. Our mission statement reflects this vision:
Clements Centre Mission Statement: "We primarily support people of the Cowichan region to participate meaningfully in all aspects of community life by providing services and programs that enhance the lives of children and youth with special needs, adults with developmental disabilities, and their families."
Our Programs How We Do It
The Sundrops Centre for Child Development
- The Child Care Resource and Referral program connects families with child care providers and provides support to those providers.
- The Child Development Team provides children, birth to 5 years, who are at risk for/or have a developmental delay or disability, with development consultation, including speech and language, physical and occupational therapy.
- As part of the Child Development team, Supported Child Development supports children, birth to 12 years with extra support needs to attend child care.
- The Children & Family Support program provides life skills activities for school age children with disabilities.
The Clements Centre for Community Living
- Day services connect individuals with their community.
- Supported Employment connects people with employment.
- Lunch on Clements and Activation Leisure are programs connecting each individual with activities based on their needs.
- Residential services connect people with suitable accommodation that includes Supported Independent Living, Home Sharing, and group residences.
What You Can Do
You Can Offer Your Support By:
- Being willing to accept and include all people as part of our community
- Raising community awareness (posters, newsletter, etc.)
- Fund raising (bingo, raffle tickets)
- Joining the phoning committee (for special events, meetings, etc.)
- Volunteering in our day programs, equipment and loan library, or toy lending library
- Volunteering to support someone in their recreation and leisure activities
- Arranging to have a representative from the Society make a presentation to your organization or business
- Becoming a Board Member
- Becoming a member of the Society
- Making a tax deductible contribution